Sunday, January 3, 2010

2010

This year, I will:

Eat more vegan food. Not only will I be helping animals everywhere, I will be helping the planet and I will be healthier. I am shooting for one vegan meal a day. =)

Write a journal entry at least once a week. I fall on and off the journaling wagon, but journaling really is an amazing way to not only express your emotions, but reflect on them, come up with a solution, and feel better. Even if I have to write about something totally random, it keeps my creative juices flowing.

Use free time on weekends for yoga, pilates, or weight lifitng. I used to be on my school's swimming twim, and it was the most fit I had been in my entire life. I was more muscular, had more endurance, and I was sleeping better. I stopped swimming last year, though, and my entire body has changed again...but not for the better. My arms are back to the useless skinny things they once were, and I think it's time to get some muscles back.

Finish big projects. This was also my resolution last year, and it didn't get done. I will devote myself to working on things that seem a little big for me--this blog, NaNoWriMo, Script Frenzy, etc., and feel wonderful when everything comes together.

Get out of my comfort zone. It sounds scary, but in the long run I think it will be good for me. I will wear outfits that aren't my typical attire, I will do things that seem a little crazy, and I will look at change as an adventure. For once I am thrilled for some changes.

Live. Everyone has been told to live life to the fullest, but I don't know many people who take it to heart. Last year (it seems so funny to say that, doesn't it?), I learned the messages behind the musical Rent and read a fantastic book called Going Bovine. Both stories are screaming at you to make the most out of the time you've got. I'm going to do things that make me happy. I'm going to do this that scare me. I'm going to do something sort of stupid every once in a while. I'm going to be the person I want to be and fill 2010 up with incredible memories. ♥

Happy New Year, everyone. What are some things you want to accomplish this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment